Thursday, January 8, 2009

Retiring my first pair of "mommy" shoes...




This is truly a moment I thought I would never experience in my life. I never thought I would wear out a pair of shoes so much that I would have to throw them away. This pair of shoes has been to the end of the road and back (literally). I bought these shoes a year ago as my official first pair of "MOMMY" shoes. Before having Austin, my closet was full of heals and pretty shoes that could go with anything. When I realized that those pretty shoes weren't going to work with a newborn, they quickly moved to the back of the closet and well the mommy shoes came to the front.
I just have to laugh though when I write about this because all of my wardrobe has changed and I don't remember the last time I actually dressed up like I use to. Now it's what's comfy and cute and the kind of attire that will get me through my day even if the applesauce falls into my lap...lol! Anyhow, moving onto the rest of the story...so I go to take a picture of this monumental moment and who decide to pop his head in....Austin! It actually makes the story even better because it just goes to show you that your world truly does change when you have a young child...hence trying to take a picture (by myself)! I couldn't help it though he was so cute:)

Well Kenneth Cole flats that I bought on Macy's clearance rack a year ago...you have done your job and I am thankful. It's a sad day to see you go, but your soles are worn and my feet are getting wet. Adios!


My year, my story, one picture at a time...
8/365

7 comments:

Tim said...

Steph,

Another great post. Very touching moment especially with him there. You and those shoes must have become very good friends. I hope it wasnt too hard to say goodbye!

Clare said...

i love your blog steph, and your pictures are great. you are doing the 365 project, what a great idea. another blog that i follow is doing that. maybe next year! lol! clare

becoming-mom said...

I have a pair of those too! I like yours better though, must have been hard to throw them out. :)

Tim said...

Steph,

I am posting another comment because I am not sure the first one went thru.

I was going to let you know that you were the only one perceptive enough to remember the award that taylor was to get if she found the disc. So GOOD job.

Anyway, so my wife found the disc in the chair that I do all my blogging in. She always seems to be the finder of all things. So Taylor was quite upset with her because Carey had found it and basically stole her thunder if you will. She was looking so forward to that surprise and had looked so hard for that disc in hopes of getting it. So the answer is no to Will taking it to his room. As for taylor and her dismay over not fiinding it and getting the surprise, I felt bad (as I always do, I admit it I'm soft) so I let her pick the place we ate that night and bought her some candy afterwards. So there is no more trouble in the Fort. Just one whipped Daddy I suppose.

Here's to hoping you get this comment.

Have a great weekend!

Mc Allen said...

awww, well sa la vi shoes. but on the up side,you my dear get to go shoe shopping!! waaahooo... Need company?? ;) LA

Courtney and the Boys said...

ADORABLE picture...just perfect that Austin popped in there, too...so fitting! And those shoes look like they were well-loved. Enjoy shopping for a new pair! :)

Courtney

Lisa said...

That is such a cute picture. AND, cute (if old) shoes as well. I think my little girl is about the same age as Austin. We might wear out our shoes even faster over this next year!