Monday, January 12, 2009

The beauty of technology...

My love for technology is the highest it's been in a long time...why you ask? Well, everyday I get to spend quality time with my love via skype. Skype is a free program that allows you to talk to anyone in the world via webcam. So who better then to talk to then my greatest love; my husband. He is currently working overseas and as anyone would, I miss him like crazy! It's very special though to see him everyday and talk to him as if he were here. More importantly, Austin gets to see his daddy everyday and talk to him through skype...it's GREAT! So, today I am sharing my love of technology with a picture of my husband on webcam...lol!



P.S. Sweetie, I know you think I am a dork by posting this, but I just had to include you some how:))) Love you...MUAH!




My year, my story, one picture at a time!
12/365

2 comments:

Tim said...

Wow Steph that is AWESOME!! We ahve thought about getting my kids grandparents web cams so they can see the kids more often. They live in different cities than us. Is there a cost for the service or is it just free and you just have to buy the cameras and software?

Tim said...

Steph, Thanks so much for the great info....you must tell Joel thanks for being such a good sport.

Is there any specefic cam you recommend? I mean my laptop has one built in, I just dont know much about it. The only reason I hav been slow on doing it is because I dont want it to show a pic (still) evey so many seconds before it changed again. you know how many web cams have that delay that is such a nuisance? I want to make sure that if I do it for them they wont get frustrated by it. Of course who am i to judge, I think they will be happy seeing them no matter what.
The other thing is that it needs to be VERY user friendly since these are some older folks that we are going to have to teach how to use it. So with all that said, do you still think its worth it, and if so what are your recommendations? YOur help is greatly appreciated.

Tim