Friday, June 26, 2009

Michael Jackson 6-25-2009

Wow, where do I begin or should I start by saying...I can't believe I am going to write this, but I have to because it's really laying heavy on my shoulders.

Let me first start off by saying that I think Michael Jackson was a great American talent and I do believe he did a lot of great things with his career in the earlier years. While yesterday was a sad and unfortunate day, I can't help but have a sickening pit in my stomach on how some people are reacting to his passing. I was listening to our local Seattle morning show this morning and some of the things people were saying really got me going. They were crying, going on and on about how wonderful and magnificent he was. It even went as far as some saying that they were in near depression over the matter. I simply cannot say that in the last 15 years Michael Jackson has done anything positive with his career. I mean if you want to say hiding out in La La Land a success, more power to you. I am even more sadden by the fact that another wonderful talent has been overlooked in the passing of yesterdays events. Farrah Fawcett who fought a brave battle with cancer and did more in the last year with her career then Michael did in the last 15 lost her life as well.

I guess you could say that I am just having a hard time wrapping my head around peoples ways of mourning and idolizing celebrities. I frankly believe there are more important people to mourn and be sadden by with their passing. I bet yesterday there was an American Soldier who lost his life fighting for his country and that makes me so sad that a family will have to live without their hero or possibly a child grow up without his father or mother. To me, that's who we should be mourning and paying our respects to...I know I am going off on a tangent here and I will step down from my soap now before I really get into it. I just want to make the point that there is much more to life then idolizing celebrities and believing they are the best thing known to man. Life is way to short for that kind of behavior and to be honest, I believe the everyday person like you and me do a lot more for our society then celebrities making good television and tabloids...Just my personal opinion!

On a positive and respectful note, I am sad for the families who lost their loved ones yesterday. I hope that in the midst of a very sad day, they are able to remember the good moments they had with their loved ones...I will keep you all in my prayers. God bless!

1 comment:

CIRCLE OF LIFE said...

i so hear you on every note I feel the excat way . check out lisa mari's my space letter she described him so well and got personnal , however I FEEL FOR the fmaily's that past and for the degree of pain myt favorite angel delt with was so painful to bare and witness. that made me cry. mj shocked yes but he was asking for something with the many image changes and not happin in his own skin , i don't know how to react to that. soem say drugs some say he did it on purpose because of the intervention in vegas all in all it was a sad day i'm sure and i pray for all the loney family's that have to deal with a death or a loss. I huged my daughter's even more and prayed with them .

I THOUGHT OF THE MIL AND PRAYED FOR THERE SAFTEY .

SIGH TOO SAD ..

HUGS GIRL