Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Winter wonderland is not so wonderful anymore...



(Picture was taken by my camera phone)

It's now day five and I am now officially sick of the snow...It's been way too long since I have been able to drive and not be terrified at the way other people are driving. I occassionally get alittle nervous when I see people driving like maniacs, but this last week has been overwhelming. Now that the snow has finally stopped (for now keep your fingers crossed) we are currently at an accumulation of eighteen inches...can you believe that! The last time my town here in Western Washington saw this much snow was back in 1972. If that doesn't hit you, it's been 36 years since we have had snow like this. Now, if you think the poeple in the video below look crazy, you should have seen me driving to the airport to pick up my husband who by the way is home for the holidays....YEAH!!! What normally took 45 minutes to drive took me well over two hours and approximatly 35-45mph to get there on a major interstate...it was CRAZY! I nearly thought I was going to die when I could no longer see the lines on the interstate anymore. The only thing that kept me going was seeing my husband come home after flying for what seemed like three days straight. Now that we are safe and sound, I can look back and laugh at this adventure, but I will assure you it nothing but a pure terror driving there and back!

1 comment:

jutka said...

I'm so very glad your husband is home! Merry Christmas to you and your lovely Family!