Sunday, November 8, 2009

It's Almost Over....

It has been over a year now that the love of my life left to live in a world where war and casualties were the surrounding factors of his everyday life. It's was also just over a year ago that Austin and I had to say goodbye to his daddy and wished him only the best as our hero. My husband has done many amazing things in his life, but one of the most amazing things he has done is loved us in a way no words could ever explain. He has sacrificed so much for his family to in the end give us a better tomorrow. I admire his determination, his focus, and his ongoing love for his country. He has always been my hero, best friend, and love of my life. We're now on the home stretch, in six weeks I will be able to hold the one person who makes me feel whole. The one person who I look forward to seeing and the one who holds my heart in his hands. In six weeks Austin will have his daddy back to play and rough house with. Now more then ever Austin needs his daddy and now more then ever Joel needs his son. It will be an emotional reunion for sure as this has been the longest we've been apart. I look forward to being a family again...you know the little things. Watching movies on the weekends, cooking dinner, and seeing again the look on Austin's face when daddy comes home from work. When you have these things everyday, you don't quite grasp the importance of appreciating the little things. Now that's it's been a year without these moments, they will mean even more to me then before. I miss the love of my life and am counting down the days until we're together again...It's almost over!

Joel I may not tell you enough how much I love you, but if I could tell you all the things I felt for you, this blog post wouldn't have an end to it. You are my everything and I am so thankful to have you as my husband, best friend, and soul mate. We're coming up on our eight year mark and while it's seem like a long time, it just seems like yesterday that we fell in love. I miss you so much and can't wait to have you home again. Thank you for all that you have done for Austin and I. You are truly our hero in so many ways!

1 comment:

House Queen said...

Hi. Found your blog on MBC. This is such a touching post. I can tell how much you love you husband. I hope he returns very soon! You have a beautiful family! Precious little boy!!!